The Luther Pecan Festival, presented by Winton Law & The 116 Farmstead, Market and Table, is coming to Main Street in Luther, Oklahoma, on November 18, 2017. We are celebrating pecan season, and our local artists, artisans, musicians and food (lots of it).
Picture this: the middle of Main Street will transform into a promenade of art. We are asking artists and artisans, from near and far, to be part of the first (of many) Luther Pecan Festival. They are coming because they believe in #lutherlocal and that you’ll come to shop and visit. There will be paintings, sculpture, furniture, jewelry and uniquely hand-crafted pieces … something sure to catch your eye to buy for yourself or for a gift.
We’ll also have live music all day. We are not saying who just yet … wait for it. But we can say there’s going to be a picker’s circle a couple of times throughout the day – so bring your jam! And we have a hookup with The Spy FM. They’re coming too.
- Great food and drinks, we’ll have it. Local restaurants will showcase their best, plus we’ll have some food trucks and will see if a winery or brewery will come out.
- Fun for the kids? We are on it. Pecan crafts anyone? (Shhh! We think Santa is coming for a surprise visit.)
- For the adults, we want to have fun too. How about a pecan shelling contest? A pecan cook-off to put that pecan pie recipe (or cake or candy or slab of ribs smoked in pecan wood) to the test!
- What’s a festival without a car show? If you have a cool car, bring it to park by the tracks in front of Josephine’s Cafe. No cost, just come and brag. We’re working on prizes!
- Cheer us on as we attempt to make the World’s Largest Pecan Praline in front of The 116 Farmstead.
- Did we mention shopping for art and unique items?
- Football?! Yep, we’ll have a place for you to watch the Cowboys or the Sooners when we get the game times.
- Deer Season? Wear your camo to town, it’s fine. You can hunt in the morning, come to the festival for lunch and get back out to your stand before evening.
- We haven’t thought of everything … but we’re trying!
Find sponsorship opportunities, artist and market applications, a schedule of the day on this website. Also visit our Facebook event page. And check back. This thing is just getting started!
The Luther Pecan Festival is a production of The Luther Register, news for our town with help from a lot of friends. It’s good to have friends.